BizBrag is Getting into the Holiday Spirit – Check Out Our Top Holiday Productivity Tips!
November 29, 2012 Leave a comment
The holiday season is a really fun time of year, but that can sometimes mean not everyone on your team is as productive as they could be. After all, they probably have visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads! To help keep your team on task this holiday season, here are a few tips:
- Schedule a holiday party. Having something fun to look forward to can often give a team member the push that he or she needs to meet those end-of-the-year deadlines and finish the year strong.
- Collect food donations for a local food pantry or homeless shelter. This kind of activity is a good reminder of how lucky we all are to have a good job, a roof over our heads, and food in our stomach. Helping others can help your team feel thankful for their work and give them an incentive to do their best.
- Break large goals down into ‘microgoals.’ Towards the end of the year, work can pile up even for the most productive of employees. By breaking down larger goals into smaller microgoals, you give your team easier, less daunting tasks to accomplish, and when they meet these goals, it boosts spirits and engagement levels.
- Prioritize and make lists. This is a good tip to keep in mind any time of the year, but is especially helpful during the busy holiday season. By prioritizing your tasks and completing the most important ones first, you’ll be able to breathe a sigh of relief when the day is over, rather than lamenting that you still have not completed those oh-so-important assignments.
- Sponsor a contest. Before the holiday break, sponsor an office ‘Most Spirited’ contest. The day before your team embarks on their holiday adventures, encourage everyone to dress in their most festive outfit. Snack on holiday treats and award a gift card to your most spirited employee! You can create a contest around any theme you like – the only limit is your own imagination! You can also ask your team for contest ideas, as well.
These are just a few examples of ways that you can boost your team’s morale and improve working conditions during the holiday season. For more holiday cheer, check out our latest Braggit and the Top Ten Holiday Facebook Cover Photos, courtesy of Mashable.
This post was brought to you by Hannah Marr, Content Director for BizBrag. When Hannah is not creating awesome content and learning about social media and SEO, you can usually catch her watching a good flick.